Bega District News

Wild mushroom poisoning cases spike in NSW

Updated May 24 2022 - 7:31am, first published 7:27am
Death Cap mushrooms can cause fatal organ damage and should not be ingested, authorities warn.
Death Cap mushrooms can cause fatal organ damage and should not be ingested, authorities warn.

There's been a spike in the number of people being poisoned by eating wild mushrooms in NSW, with authorities warning ingesting the fungi can be fatal.

Subscribe now for unlimited access.

$0/

(min cost $0)

or signup to continue reading

See subscription options

Get the latest Bega news in your inbox

Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.

We care about the protection of your data. Read our Privacy Policy.