A man who police allege molested a minor has been released from custody on bail.
The man, who can't be named for legal reasons, is facing four counts of intentionally sexually touching a child between the age of 10-16, and one count of common assault.
He first appeared in Bega Local Court earlier this month, but appeared again in Batemans Bay Local Court for a bail application this week.
The prosecution opposed bail, saying there was a risk of the man committing further offences and endangering the complainant and the community.
"This is a serious set of facts," the prosecutor said.
"It's a somewhat strong case with corroboration between the complainant and their mother.
"It's my submission that a conviction is likely, and a custodial sentence is very likely."
The man's lawyer said there were bail conditions that could lessen any risks potentially associated with the man being released.
"You could certainly have bail (conditions) which would protect the victim," his lawyer said.
"We propose a strict curfew, to not leave his address unless in the company of his parents, and to report to police as many times as necessary.
"These are serious offences, but there are no suggestions he will breach his parole or fail to appear in court.
"I'd say that this matter will stay in the local court because it's not at the highest level for similar type of offending."
Magistrate Doug Dick granted bail, saying he was satisfied conditions of both bail and an AVO would "protect the victim and community".
He must reside at an address in the Bega Valley Shire and report to a police station every Saturday.
He is also banned from leaving his house between 8pm and 6am unless with his parents.
Read more Court and Crime here