LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* The number of daily COVID-19 infections in NSW has dipped below a thousand for the first time in almost four weeks, as lockdown rules in western Sydney's 12 local government areas "of concern" ease for outdoor recreation.
* There were seven new cases in the ACT, the first single-figure rise there for almost a month.
* Trapped Victorians in 'extreme risk' zones in NSW could soon return home, Premier Daniel Andrews said on Monday when reporting 567 new cases.
* Hundreds of construction workers and their supporters have stormed their union's headquarters in Melbourne, protesting against new mandatory vaccination rules for the building industry.
* Meanwhile a traveller from NSW has sparked a COVID-19 scare in the Northern Territory after travelling to Darwin via Queensland.
* Public health alerts have been issued for two flights and Brisbane airport, where the fully vaccinated man spent four hours, and two dozen people have been deemed close contacts and ordered into quarantine in the NT.
* Another interstate traveller was diagnosed with the virus while in hotel quarantine in Queensland.
* A walk-in vaccination clinic will be established at the Royal Perth Show, with West Australian Premier Mark McGowan urging people to take the opportunity to get the jab.
* Doses of the Moderna vaccine started arriving in states and territories around Australia on Monday after the first shipment touched down last week. Pharmacies will be the main administration point.
* In New Zealand, Jacinda Ardern's government is scaling back Auckland's lockdown this week despite an ongoing trail of infections and new cases found outside the city.
* Reverting to level three retains stay-at-home orders in NZ's biggest city but allows for more businesses to open: including cafes and restaurants for takeaway orders.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 24,792,054 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Sunday, including 172,580 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 14,216,728 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of 59,345 in the previous 24 hours).
* 13,298,705 have been issued in primary care (+54,361) and 918,023 in aged and disability facilities (+4984).
* 10,575,326 have been administered by the states and territories, including 113,235 in the previous 24 hours.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported 1511 local cases on Sunday: 935 in NSW, 567 in Victoria, 7 in the ACT and one each in Queensland and the NT.
* Three overseas-acquired cases were also reported: one each in NSW, Queensland and the NT.
* The national death toll is 1167: Victoria 832, NSW 301, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 228,541,000.
* Deaths: at least 4,691,000.
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 5,906,934,000.
Data current as at 1700 AEST on September 20, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
Australian Associated Press