Are you ready to take the first step in being better prepared for bushfires?
Rural Fire Service NSW is hosting Get Ready Weekend, providing an opportunity for you to engage with your local brigade, find out about the bushfire risk in your area and to plan and prepare for the approaching season.
This year, brigades will be offering a number of ways to participate in Get Ready Weekend, from fire station events to discussing your fire plan online.
Saturday, September 19:
- Bemboka Fire Station: 10am - 2pm
- Jellat Fire Brigade will be at Littleton Gardens, Bega: 10am - 2pm
- Rocky Hall Fire Station: 12pm - 3pm
- Wonboyn Fire Station: 10am - 4pm
- Wyndham Fire Station: 1pm - 4pm
- Tathra, Taylors Flat Reserve: 10am - 2pm
Sunday, September 20:
- Merimbula Seaside Markets - Ford Park Oval: 8am - 12pm
- Pambula Fire Station: 10am - 2pm
- Myrtle Mountain and Myrtle Roads: 10am - 11am
- Tantawangalo Mountain Road and Tantawangalo Lane: 10am - 11am
- Wyndham and Rosedale Lanes: 10am - 11am
- Mogilla and Philmer-Williams Roads: 1pm - 2pm
- Kemps and West Kameruka Lanes: 1pm - 2pm
RFS community liaison officer Marty Webster encouraged community to reflect on their plans.
"Pretty much everyone on the Far South Coast at some stage last year enacted a bushfire survival plan," he said.
"To those who had a close call, I recommend you look over your plan and how it worked for you and find any areas which could be improved.
"It's also worth remembering there's a potential for grass fires in some areas this year, following good rainfall," Mr Webster said.
For more information go to the NSW Rural Fire Service website.