Roads continue to be closed across the Bega Valley due to ongoing heavy rain.
A minor flooding alert was issued for the Bega River on Monday morning, while other lakes and rivers in the region have also surged in height.
Below is a full list of current roads closed by Bega Valley Shire Council on Tuesday.
- Bega - Tathra Road at Jellat Jellat
- East Street, Bega Causeway - Closed
- Grosses Creek Bridge, Buckajo - Closed
- Tarlingtons Lane, Mogila - Causeway closed
- Tathra-Bermagui Road, Wapengo - Causeway closed
- Jaunceys Lane, Angledale - Causeway closed
- Nullica Short Cut Road, Eden - Causeway closed
- Back Creek Road, Nethercote - Causeway closed
- Jacksonia Grove (formally Bridge Street), Bega - Causeway closed
- Murrays Flat Road, Tarraganda - Closed
- Tathra Road at Glebe Lagoon - Closed
- Kirkland Avenue - Closed
- Poplar Avenue - Closed
- Bega Street (below the Recreation Ground)- Closed
- Auckland Street (below Bega Public School) - Closed
- Parrabel Street (below Drain Street) - Closed
- Carp Street at Kisses Lagoon - Closed
- Buckajo Road, Bega - Closed
- Angledale Road between Parrabel Street and Hergenhans Lane - Closed
- Towamba River Bridge - Closed
- Jingo Creek causeway on Towamba Burragate Road - Closed
- Stoney Creek causeway on Towamba Burragate Road - Closed
- Tathra-Bermagui Road from the Country Club to Doctor George Mountain Road intersection - Closed - Detour for Bermagui to Tathra via Doctor George Mountain Road. Local traffic access only on Tathra-Bermagui Road from Doctor George Mountain to Mogareeka.
Council said based on the prediction provided by the Bureau of Meteorology, the NSW SES are expecting the following areas will be impacted by dangerous floodwaters:
- Roads and low-lying areas in Angledale, North Bega and Bega Jellat Jellat, Kalaru, Rocky Hall, Tathra, Tarraganda, and Tanja.
- Other local roads in low lying areas may be impacted.