While a full year of council rate relief has now been promised to those who suffered losses in summer's bushfires, Bega's council is yet to see formal details of the plan.
On Tuesday, the NSW government announced its rate relief program had been extended for an extra six months to the end of December for those who suffered losses in the bushfires to make up a full year.
"In February 2020 the NSW government announced it was funding six months of council rate relief for owners of homes, farms and businesses whose properties suffered damage beyond repair in the bushfires," NSW Deputy Premier John Barilaro said.
"Now the government is announcing that we will fund a further six months of rate relief for eligible property owners to ensure they can direct more of their finances towards rebuilding their lives and businesses."
In response to the announcement Bega Valley Shire Council general manager Leanne Barnes said council did not yet have the formal details of the updated plans, but looked forward to being able to support its community members through the process.
"We welcome this great support for our significantly impacted community members; together with the announcement of the $26m package of funding to assist people who cannot afford to replace their homes," she said.
Meanwhile, earlier this year BVSC requested the state government's rate relief program be extended to all Bega Valley Shire ratepayers, not just those who suffered losses, due to the extent of the crisis.
On Wednesday, Ms Barnes said council had written to the government and advocated as per council resolution on behalf of all ratepayers.
"We have not yet had any traction but will continue to raise the matter," she said.
"We also raised it directly with the Minister for Local Government at the Canberra Region Joint Organisation State session earlier this year."