Bushfire clean-up works across the state, including those that were to take place on Cobargo's main street, have paused for the next two days.
On Friday, a spokesperson for Laing O'Rourke, the lead contractor for the clean-up operations, said the company had announced a proactive safety reset process with all subcontractors, pausing clean-up works for two days across NSW after two safety incidents that occurred on worksites this week.
"While no-one was injured, Laing O'Rourke has decided to conduct a full safety refresh and run safety briefing sessions with our supply chain with a focus on building the hazard identification skills of our subcontractors," the spokesperson said.
"While Laing O'Rourke is focused on getting the bushfire clean-up completed quickly, the safety of our subcontractors and our people remains our greatest priority.
"All planned property inspections and community engagement will continue as planned."
The clean-up works will start up again on Monday, May 11, and all property owners are being contacted to be advised of any changes that could impact on their scheduled works.
On Thursday, a Laing O'Rourke spokesperson said 95 contracts had been awarded for work across NSW, with 99 per cent going to local or regional businesses.