A South Coast couple have admitted looting more than $20,000 worth of electronics from Batemans Bay's fire-ravaged Betta Home Living store.
Leon Elton and Kylie Pobjie have been behind bars since their arrest last Friday after a police investigation into thefts from stores during the bushfire crisis.
Elton appeared in Batemans Bay Court via video link on Monday, where defence solicitor Adam Sumbak entered pleas of guilty to six charges on his behalf, including two counts of entering a building with an intent to commit an offence and two counts of larceny.
Elton remained silent throughout the proceedings and was supported by his family in court.
Magistrate Doug Dick said Elton's case would "need a lot of thought" and was not a matter "either of us are comfortable proceeding with today".
Mr Sumbak said Elton had schizophrenia, had not been on his medication, and would need some form of medical assessment while in custody.
Pobjie, also represented by Mr Sumbak, entered guilty pleas for six charges and was refused bail.
The couple arrived in Batemans Bay about 1am on January 8, parking their white Holden Commodore sedan in the car park of the Batemans Bay cemetery.
They walked across the Princes Highway and climbed inside the store via an opening created during the New Year's Eve firestorm.
The pair entered the Betta Home Living store twice in the next 24 hours, and took at least $20,000 worth of stock from the store including four Apple Macbook laptops, a pair of hair clippers, two drones, Apple TVs, Google Chromecast devices and various Apple-branded accessories.
They then drove to an unknown drug house where they traded a stolen mobile phone for drugs.
Pobjie contacted police and said she was the person responsible for the thefts at 5pm on Friday, January 10.
A short time later, police attended Elton and Pobjie's Tilba address, and found a black milk crate containing several electronic devices still in packaging in his caravan.
Pobjie and Elton were arrested and taken to Batemans Bay Police Station.
On Monday, January 13, defence lawyer Adam Sumbak said Pobjie's criminal record was mostly drug matters.
He said the mother of four had been nine months free of drugs until a family incident "threw her", she "felt helpless" and began using drugs again.
He said Pobjie admitted her crimes to police not long after the looting, and was "remorseful".
Mr Sumbak said Pobjie would agree to report everyday to Narooma Police Station, would abide by a curfew and no drugs or alcohol if she was released.
He said when she set her mind to it, she could abstain from drugs.
Prosecutor John de Laroche said the matters were "offences of opportunity" during a "difficult time for the region".
Magistrate Doug Dick accepted Pobjie surrended to the police, but "that doesn't get you off the hook".
He was not satisfied Pobjie should be granted bail, she was refused and will reappear in Batemans Bay Local Court on February 3.
A third man, Jeremy John Holman, did not apply for bail, however entered a plea of not guilty on Monday.
His case was adjourned to February 10, where he will face one count of receiving stolen property after police discovered him in possession of three new mobile phones during a vehicle stop at Batemans Bay.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.