You could not miss the huge smiles of the recipients at this year's Bega Valley Ability Day Awards, which was held to celebrate the achievements of people with disability and the community that supports them.
Club Bega was packed on Tuesday afternoon for the event, which was run by The Disability Trust.
When starting the event the trust's senior manager in the Far South Coast Lynne Koerbin said the International Day of People With Disability was one of her favourite days on the calendar and the trust was "committed to creating an inclusive world".
The guest speaker was model Katie Harris's mother Tracey Harris, who said her daughter had come to the trust with the dream of becoming a model and had found encouragement in its Diva group.
This group was partly started to give members confidence on the catwalk and teach them about self-care.
Tracey said her 24-year-old daughter had modelled on catwalks in both Bega and Sydney and her future in the industry was looking bright with a few more opportunities on the horizon.
READ MORE: Bega spring fashion show a winner
She told the audience "just remember, believe in your kids".
Community awards presented at the event were:
- Community Partnership Award: Margaret Taylor and Libby Weir
- Individual Achievement Award: Jordan Canavan, Will Russell, Caleb Ayliffe, Dane Waites, Paul Zeller
- Self Advocacy Award: Lenard Holzhauser, Ross Navara, Katie Harris
- Independent Living Award: Jodie Nau, Pippa Blashki, Katelyn Blacker, Beth Kelaher
- Community Inclusion Award: Christine Welsh, Daniel Doody, Eden Community Access Centre, Potoroo Palace, Wendy Holzhauser
- Community Awareness and Development Award: Youth Frontiers and Sapphire Coast Anglican College
- Carer/Advocate Award: Arika Kelly
- School Leaver Of The Year Award: Noah Pittolo
- Travel Friendship Award: Zac Cheney, Matt Balaam.
Employment awards presented at the event were:
- Employer of the Year: Tarra Motors
- Education Training Employer of the Year: Bega Preschool
- Hospitality Industry Employer of the Year: Oaklands Cafe
- Retail Employer of the Year: Coles Bega
- Tourism Employer of the Year: Sapphire Coast Marine Discovery Centre
- Food Services Industry Employer of the Year: McDonalds Bega
- Customer Service Employee of the Year: Gavin Ringland
- Employee of the Year: Nicholas Sticotti
- Long Term Employee of the Year: Cusharyl Kermode
- New Employee of the Year: Caleb Ayliffe
- Personal Growth and Independence Employee of the Year Award: Mac Howson
- Trainee of the Year: Kallen Coady.