A former Bega man accused of stabbing a 33-year-old man at Buckajo in September will face court next year on multiple charges.
Thirty-one-year-old Segrae William Fry was not present in Bega Local Court when the matter was heard on Tuesday, December 19, to face charges including wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
Police allege Fry seriously assaulted another man on Daisy Hill Rd in Buckajo on September 13 this year, before fleeing the scene.
Police issued a warrant for Fry’s arrest, and he was arrested on October 6 at Tathra after police allege he stole a Mitsubishi Lancer from a Kalaru home.
He was charged with driving a conveyance without consent and using an offensive weapon to prevent lawful detention.
Fry’s lawyer told the court her client claimed he was still yet to receive relevant paperwork surrounding the alleged stabbing after her office had sent it the previous week to Goulburn Correctional Centre where he is currently serving a sentence for other matters.
She told the court her client’s plea rested on him receiving the police brief of allegations against him.
Fry has pleaded not guilty to a further series of alleged assaults in July, and allegedly driving a car stolen from a West Melbourne shopping centre car park last year.
Police allege the stolen Holden Cruse was detected speeding by a stationary camera in the Melbourne suburb of Footscray in August last year, and found dumped by the banks of the Bega River along Murrays Flat Rd later in the same month, with Fry’s DNA allegedly located around the driver’s seat.
Magistrate David O’Connor adjourned the matters to Bega Local Court on January 29 and requested Fry appear via audio visual link.