Motorists will be moved to a new temporary road as part of the $45 million NSW Government-funded upgrade to improve safety and travel times on the Princes Highway at Dignams Creek.
Roads and Maritime Services is widening the existing highway for about 800 metres and building a new two kilometre section to highway standards. There will be two new bridges, one across Dignams Creek and the other across Dignams Creek Road.
A Roads and Maritime Services spokesperson said to help progress work on the new highway section, motorists would be moved to a new 800 metre temporary road at the northern end of the project from Monday, November 27, weather permitting.
“Motorists are expected to use the temporary road until mid-2018,” the spokesperson said.
“The speed limit on the Princes Highway will be reduced through the work site at times and traffic control may be needed to keep the work site safe for motorists and workers.
“Some out of hours work is also needed to continue work on Dignams Creek and Dignams Creek Road bridges.
“Out of hours work will be carried out on Saturdays from 8am to 6pm until December 16.
“Work on the upgrade will then be put on hold until January 8 so motorists travelling during the Christmas holidays can do so as efficiently as possible.
“The increased working hours will help to ensure the project remains on track to open to traffic in mid-2019, weather permitting,” the spokesperson said.
Narooma area resident David Andrew earlier this month snapped some photos of the Dignams Creek project on the Princes Highway between Narooma and Cobargo, which can be viewed in the gallery above.