GERRINGONG’S Ruan Sims is one of four members of the successful 2013 World Cup winning squad, along with Elianna Walton, Sam Bremner and Renae Kunst to be rested for the competition’s opening round.
This decision by coach Brad Donald will allow Nakia Davis-Welsh, Talesha Quinn, Lavina O'Mealey and Meg Ward to make their Jillaroos debut, when the team take on the Cook Islands on Thursday at Southern Cross Group Stadium.
"With the nature of the tournament you will see in our first game we will rest seven players from our starting 17," Donald said.
"But we've got every faith that all 24 players will do well, so really, every spot is up for grabs and that's the way we want it.
Bega export Kezie Apps has also been named at 17 and will likely miss the opening match or play few minutes off the bench to save her legs for bigger matches.
“We've treated it like that for 12 months now, for every spot we want the girls to put pressure on each other.
"We've got a saying that pressure equals diamonds and that's the philosophy within."
Kick-off is at 3pm (AEST).
Jillaroos squad vs Cook Islands:
1. Nakia Davis-Welsh (debut)
2. Karina Brown – Jillaroo # 118
3. Annette Brander – Jillaroo # 127
4. Isabelle Kelly – Jillaroo # 141
5. Meg Ward (debut)
6. Ali Brigginshaw – Jillaroo # 102
7. Caitlin Moran – Jillaroo # 140
8. Steph Hancock (captain) – Jillaroo # 74
9. Brittany Breayley – Jillaroo # 128
10. Rebecca Young – Jillaroo # 117
11. Vanessa Foliaki – Jillaroo # 129
12. Talesha Quinn (debut)
13. Zahara Temara – Jillaroo # 143
14. Maddie Studdon – Jillaroo # 130
15. Lavina O’Mealey (debut)
16. Simaima Taufa – Jillaroo # 131
17. Kezie Apps – Jillaroo # 126
18. Corban McGregor – Jillaroo # 139
19. Heather Ballinger – Jillaroo # 113
Coach: Brad Donald