Watch this space, Winners announced soon!
Who's got the coolest car, the dirtiest dunger, the most radical rat bike or the toughest tradie ute? We want your pics! Entries now closed.
Merimbula News Weekly, Bega District News and Eden Magnet are very happy to announce Bega Valley’s Best Car and Bike Photo Competition.
This competition will run over four weeks and is open to residents of Bega Valley Shire and surrounding areas. All entries will be posted online via our local Fairfax news websites. Remember this is a photo competition. The higher the quality of photo submitted, the greater chance of making the finals.
“The most important element of a good photograph is the ability of the photo to communicate with the viewer. It should be able to tell a story through its composition, lighting, and most importantly its subject matter.”
Trophies proudly sponsored by Merimbula Jewellers.
Car categories as follows:
– Best Classic Car - must be over 30 years old (must be registered)
– Dunger Class - any worn out, old decrepit car (must be registered)
– Best Performance Car - a car that is designed and constructed specifically for speed (must be registered)
– Best Tradies Work Horse - best looking work vehicle (must be registered)
– 4WD Touring Class - 4WD vehicle for the purpose of travelling and camping
– Best B & S Ute - It’s a boot, seat and bed all in one! The B&S ute is as iconic as the events themselves, all five-posters, sideskirts, flags and lights (must be registered)
– Best modified 4wd - (must be registered)
– Vintage Class - must be over 50 years old
– Best Sports Car - a low small usually 2-passenger automobile designed for quick response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving (must be registered)
Bike categories as follows:
– Best Golden Oldie - anything over 30 years (must be registered)
– Best Rat Bike - motorcycles that have fallen apart over time but been kept on the road and maintained for little or no cost by employing kludge fixes (must be registered)
– Best Adventure Bike - A dual-sport motorcycle that is street-legal and is designed for both on and off-road use (must be registered)
– Best Farm Bike
– Best Custom Bike (must be registered)
– Best Ladies Bike (must be registered)
– Best American Bike (must be registered)
– Best Non-american Bike (must be registered)
ENTRIES NOW OPEN:
To enter simply email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your entry into the Bega/Merimbula office. Remember to include your full name, phone number, category entered and a description of your car or bike. Each car/bike can only be entered in one category. It is up to you to decide which category suits your entry best. Multiple car/bike owners can enter more than one vehicle/bike.
Entries close Friday 29th September.
For more information, please contact Natalie Martin-Remmert, email@example.com | 0447 256 277