Bega family lucky to escape blaze that destroyed their home

A Bega family is counting the cost of a devastating fire that destroyed their Valley St home on Wednesday night.

Hayley, Dick, Caleb and Cooper were left with nothing but what they were wearing after narrowly escaping the fire that destroyed 15 years of memories.

The Lee family said their son Caleb raised the alarm after flames broke out in his bedroom and by the time they made it out and across the street, the whole house was ablaze.

Friends and the community quickly rallied on Thursday morning with a steady stream of clothes and donations for the family, along with countless messages of support on social media.

A GoFundMe page has also been set up by Hayley’s sister Polli to help get the Lee family back on their feet.

“The family are lucky to be part of a community who are already rallying around them, and as such, we are hoping to raise as much money as we can in order to help them piece their lives back together,” she writes on the GoFundMe page

“We can't replace the precious memories or the sentimental items but we can help them get back on track. This amazing family has quite literally lost everything.”


Discuss "Bega family lucky to escape blaze that destroyed their home"

Please note: All comments made or shown here are bound by the Online Discussion Terms & Conditions.