Exciting leadership role for a Team Coordinator or Team Coordinator - Peer Specialist to support our Bega & Batemans Bay teams!
The position available is full-time (76 hours/fortnight). The successful candidate will be working Monday to Friday and classified at Level 4 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018).
About the Role
As a Team Coordinator and Team Coordinator - Peer Specialist with Flourish Australia, you will assist the manager in providing supervision and guidance to lower or similar classified staff. You will support and develop the skills of staff through the provision of in-service training and provide feedback to the manager on issues and positive outcomes achieved by the team. In addition, you will assist the manager with program implementation, rosters and timesheets where necessary.
You will also have a hands-on role with frontline service delivery, working directly with people with a lived experience of a mental health issue in mental health contract programs and in NDIS programs. As the Team Coordinator and Team Coordinator - Peer Specialist, you will lead by example by taking a hands-on approach in providing person led recovery-oriented and trauma informed service that best supports people to live in the community.
In addition, the Team Coordinator - Peer Specialist will use lived experience and personal recovery to mentor people with a lived experience of a mental health issue. You will apply recovery knowledge in your role and peer work philosophies. You will be required to use your lived experience openly to build professional relationships and reciprocity with the people you support, while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Work with integrity and within the ethos and value systems of peer support.
- Support the manager to implement programs, policies and local procedures and also with the planning and coordination of a program or project (when required).
- Provide day-to-day supervision and support of lower or similar classified employees.
- Provide My Plan supervision and reflective practice with lower or similar classified employees.
- Have excellent knowledge of statutory and legal requirements and exercise this knowledge with lower classified staff.
- Facilitate discussions regarding the individual needs and goals of each person accessing Flourish Australia’s services and collaboratively develop, implement and monitor an individual plan that meets these needs.
- Encourage people to develop skills which will meet their needs. These may include domestic skills, social skills, independence skills, and skills to enter education and/or employment.
- Ensure that individual support is provided to a person that accesses Flourish Australia services that meets their recovery journey goals and is strengths based and led by the person wherever possible.
For more information, please review the Team Coordinator or Team Coordinator - Peer Specialistposition description and the Peer Worker Information statement “What You Should Consider Before Becoming A Peer Worker”.
Please note - Successful candidates must maintain a Class C drivers license and proof of comprehensive insurance must be provided when required. You may be directed to use your private motor vehicle in the course of performing your duties when an organisational pool motor vehicle is unavailable. You will receive the Travelling Transport and Fares Allowance when using your private vehicle for work related purposes.
Who we are
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. Our purpose is to support people to flourish, believe in their futures, and become contributing members of the community.