Your new company
For nearly a century we have been a global leader in built and natural asset design and management with an emphasis on smart, sustainable solutions for our clients. We are a truly diverse and inclusive global organization and our global reach has seen us take on my world-changing projects.
Your new role
Due to a strong pipeline of current and upcoming projects, we are seeking a Senior Communications Engineer to meet the demands and growth of our rail team. Your new role will include but not limited to:
- Designing a variety of communications systems for railways, stations and associated infrastructure.
- You will manage design reviews and independent verification of designs by external consultants and contractors
- You will manage projects including resource allocation, overseeing subcontractors, production of analysis and design collaboration with interstate and offshore offices.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the overall design, quality assurance and client feedback.
- You will provide leadership, direction and technical advice to project team members.
What you'll need to succeed
You pride yourself for the part you play in our goal of improving the quality of life. You will have experience in the rail industry and are confident in building client relationships through your effective communication skills. Your previous experience in a similar role within this area will lead to your success, as will:
- Familiarity with station CCTV, DAVS, ticketing systems and passenger information networks.
- Previous experience with fibre optic cable design, installation, testing and commissioning.
- Strong knowledge of SCADA systems, IP LAN and WAN networks and SDH/PDH transmission systems
- Confidence supervising aspects of a project of significant scale and/or complexity.
- Exceptional report writing skills
- Experience with design and installation of DC power systems including RPS, batteries, solar power and DC wiring.
What you'll get in return
In return for your dedication and hard work you'll be rewarded with:
- Opportunity to work on an exciting pipeline of current and future projects across Perth
- A creative and innovative environment with modern tools and technology
- Excellent training, support and global career opportunities
What you need to do now
If you’re passionate about this role, click ‘apply now’ or for more information and a confidential discussion or to find out about other opportunities in Engineering contact Malcom Tshuma at Hays on 0 8 9254 4565 or email Malcom.firstname.lastname@example.org At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
LHS 297508 #2561122