Your new company
Located in Sydney’s CBD, this local government council is seeking a Senior Engineer – Electrical Assets to join their team until May 2022 initially.
Your new role
In this role you will ensures that the design, implementation, and management of public domain lighting schemes, and associated electrical and lighting infrastructure is consistent with the council’s standards, the 2050 vision and sustainable renewal objectives.
Major accountabilities will include:
- Developing and implementing lighting and electrical renewal/additions programs.
- Preparing and maintaining City’s technical specifications for lighting and electrical design.
- Meeting the success criteria developed and approved through the City’s Project Management Process, including preparation of all required project briefs, plans and reports for consideration.
- Lighting and electrical asset handover inspections and coordination of electrical compliance testing witnessed by electrical service provider.
What you'll need to succeed
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in Contract and Project management including writing of briefs; checking, evaluating, agreeing measures; contract variations; development and implementation of project plans and programs.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing public domain lighting principles, reviewing and approving lighting and electrical designs produced by external consultants, and electrical inspection and testing procedures.
- Highly developed oral and written communication, leadership, interpersonal and negotiation skills and advanced problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Class C Driver’s Licence.
- Knowledge with smart lighting/sports field lighting is desired.
What you'll get in return
- 6-month contract (with a view to extend)
- Competitive hourly rate
- CBD location
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2576218