Your new company
An exciting new opportunity is available for a Senior DevOps Engineer on a Permanent basis.
Your new role
We are looking for an experienced and capable Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team. This position is a permanent full-time role based in Canberra, Australia and offers a rare opportunity to work in a fast growing, best of breed company that retains the atmosphere and culture of a start-up. If you're passionate about doing great work in a fantastic, flexible environment then this could be for you.
- Maintain and improve our SAAS infrastructure (multiple cloud-based data centres)
- Ensure excellent security, resilience, and uptime.
- Be a part of an on-call 24/7 level 3 priority 1 support roster
- Support increased automation of system rollout to our data centres.
- Work with partners and customers to solve specific high-level issues.
- Collaborate with our software architecture teams to support change in our services.
- Design and actively improve release and deployment pipelines for products in the region
- Support the automated deployment of infrastructure into cloud platforms.
- Be an authority in the use of tooling for delivery and operations usage
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in the management of cloud-based systems, preferably with a cloud certification
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker, a CKA or CKAD certification would be advantageous.
- Experience with IaC tools i.e., terraform/ansible
- Experience in configurating modern deployment pipelines i.e., Azure DevOps
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Previous experience with monitoring tools e.g., Prometheus/Grafana/Splunk
- Fluent in English and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- System administration experience (including Linux experience)
- Open to new ideas and experiences. Seeks out learning opportunities. Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity. Thinks broadly and strategically
- Shows evidence of clear analytical thinking. Gets to the heart of complex problems and issues. Applies own expertise effectively. Quickly learns new technology. Communicates well in writing
- Plans and works in a systematic and organised way. Follows directions and procedures.
- Supports others and shows respect for them in social situations. Puts people first, working effectively with individuals and teams.
What you'll get in return
- Working simultaneously across a diverse range of interesting projects in a high performing and collaborative work environment.
- Security clearance is not needed.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call now on (02) 6257 9802 or email Sandeep.Gunawardena@hays.com.au
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2615988