This studio is growing exponentially and is now looking to hire a Senior Architect / Senior Project Architect who's capable to run projects, lead a team and be the go to person next to the director (i.e. 2IC).
Your new company
My client has had a really good start to the year and therefore is seeking to grow the team with an experienced Senior Project Architect who is capable of running projects. Joining a team of driven Architects and Designers, you'll be part of an exciting growth phase with a year that is secured with a healthy pipeline of projects, great client base and a busy 2021 and so on.
This is an opportunity for you to step up and take charge. No one project is the same. No one day is the same. You'll be part of an open-minded and flexible work environment.
Your new role
- Oversee design development, production of working drawings, and construction documents on given projects
- Establish and maintain budgets, schedules, and monitor adherence of terms of contract expectations
- Establish clear communications and professional relationships with clients, consultants, PM & contractors
- Manage the project delivery process and work closely with clients and directors
- Creating and managing project progress, time schedules and resourcing
- Liaise with project managers and builders for projects in construction
- Prepare and administer the Procurement contracts (where required)
- Monitor project progress according to contract scope and deliverable
- Coordinate and lead teams through design, development and contract phases of construction projects
- Mentor and support younger staffs in developing skill set and responsibilities
What you'll need to succeed
- Registered (ideal, not imperative)
- All phases of project delivery with concept and presentation skills, direct client liaison, consultant co-ordination, builder liaison
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of the architectural delivery service including an ability and willingness to lead and encourage teams and promote motivation
- Sound analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Sound technical knowledge of architectural project delivery + Revit
- Advanced knowledge of building materials, their function and physical properties and construction methods
- Advanced knowledge of structural, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical engineering as related to buildings
- Advanced knowledge of applicable codes, laws, rules and standards regulating the design and construction of buildings
- Self-motivated focus to achieve project deadlines, with an ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Client focused and results driven
- Understanding of project processes, profitability and resource management
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to challenging situations
- Demonstrable experience in creative architecture and interior design and project management within highly serviced projects
What you'll get in return
This is an exciting opportunity to join this well respected Practice with excellent opportunities for career progression, whilst working within a close-knit team. In return you will be offered an excellent salary which is negotiable dependent on your experience, and a generous career plan (both personal and career wise).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and Folio to Shermaine.email@example.com, or Shermaine Chia on 0403 252 661 for a confidential discussion about this opportunity.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2498500