Your new company
Our client is a Federal Government Agency, dedicated to providing individual and family counselling services to the current and ex-serving ADF community.
Your new role
Working at an APS6 level, your duties will include;
- Provision of high-quality clinical services including assessment and referral, evidence based individual, couple and family counselling, and case management to eligible clients in order to achieve outcomes identified in care planning processes.
- Contribution to the development and delivery of group programs as required.
- Maintaining clinical records according to organisational standards, collating and analysing data from client records, and preparing reports as required to assist in evaluating and improving service delivery.
- Facilitating the delivery of counselling and other programs to veterans, ADF personnel and their families in rural and outer metropolitan areas by;
- Applying quality assurance principles and procedures to ensure the clinical practice, reporting and invoicing activities of outreach counsellors meet contractual requirements
- Ensuring contracted counsellors and other providers are accessing relevant services, resources and supports for clients.
- Liaising and forming partnerships with DVA, the ADF, other government departments, ex-service organisations, community health and welfare agencies, and all other organisations involved in meeting the identified needs of veteran and defence force communities and families.
- Participation in and contribution to ongoing learning and development activities and maintenance of professional status.
- Participation in community development and service promotion activities as required.
- Participation in program evaluation and research activities, contributing to project management activities that implement strategic directions and quality improvement recommendations, and provide feedback for ongoing development of clinical policies and procedures.
- Applying the principles of cooperative and safe working practices consistent with APS Values and the Department’s mission, vision, approach and values.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful through to interview stage, you will possess the following;
- Qualification as a registered Psychologist / Mental Health Occupational Therapist / Mental Health Registered Nurse with full AHPRA registration, OR
- Qualification as a Social Worker eligible for membership of the Australian Association Social Workers (AASW) and be eligible to apply for Mental Health accreditation.
- Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance.
Experience working with ADF members is desirable but not essential.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be awarded with a competitive hourly rate between $55.00 - $65.00 depending on your experience. You will work within a professional and supportive environment, with access to professional development opportunities. A contract extension is available pending performance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2642560