Your new company
A major federal government department requires experienced project professionals to assist them in the roll out of their new Capex programme.
Your new role
Reporting into the Project Director you will be responsible for managing multiple projects from conception to final handover. This will include but not limited to:
- Coordinating the Agency’s Capital Works Program including all aspects of end-to-end construction project management (planning, design, approvals, procurement, delivery and handover).
- Preparing draft written material including business cases, plans, executive briefs, project reports, status updates and exception report.
- Performing independent research work and analysis including the preparation of draft reports on relevant project activities.
- Monitoring project budgets, reviewing and reporting on expenditure and assisting with procurement and contract management.
- Identifying and assisting with program governance including the management of project risks, issues and benefits.
- Reviewing projects to provide improvements and reviews on the effectiveness of service delivery.
- Contributing to the development and review of policies, procedures and guideline documents.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrated experienced delivering a CAPEX programme including on new build, refurbishment or fit out projects between $1-30M
- Comprehensive understanding of design and construct processes
- Strong stakeholder management experience including engaging with complex stakeholder relationships, both internal and external, including senior executives
- Ability to undertake robust procurements and contract management process.
- Experience managing budgets and associated financial work programs
- Valid Police Check required (no baseline clearance required)
What you'll get in return
This labour hire assignment is for an initial 12 months with the possibility of extensions, with a temporary hourly rate of $65/120 + Super pending on experience. This department values Quality, Agility and Professionalism. An inclusive and flexible workplace where all employee's individualities and contributions are valued.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or for a confidential discussion please contact William Ballam on 02 6112 7655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
LHS 297508 #2649203