Your new company
A rare opportunity exists to join a well-established Australian resources and manufacturing organisation based in the North Ryde area. With over 500 sites nationally and a fantastic range of sustainability projects and niche initiatives currently ongoing, they are looking for a progressive Planning & Approvals Manager to join the team on a permanent basis and contribute to the fantastic culture already in place.
Your new role
As the Planning & Approvals Manager across the NSW and ACT regions you will be part of a team covering a remit of over 200 sites, you will provide direction to various business units across the organisation on a range of planning related matters and liaise closely with both local and state government contacts. Tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Statutory approvals, feasibility assessments, project management and property portfolio reviews
- Assist with the acquisition, negotiation, and documentation of freehold interests
- Preparation of procedures and policies to assure a streamlined process on the planning approval services
- Provide professional advice/ assistance on all aspects of planning and development matters for the organisation’s industrial operations.
- Act as a direct representative and face of the organisation at a range of government and industry meetings
- Stakeholder management including liaison and guidance with business partners, councils, developers, and various state government agencies.
What you'll need to succeed
- You must have a relevant tertiary qualification in Urban Planning as well as extensive NSW industry experience ideally with 4-7 years’ experience working as a Planner across either the local government and private consultancy space, with a salary ranging from 135- 150k + super (dependant on experience).
- A comprehensive understanding of the professional planning space with the ability to provide authoritative and clear direction to business units
- A motivated and highly collaborative approach with demonstrated strong working relationships.
What you'll get in return
- Permanent opportunity to work for a highly regarded organisation with lots of project variety
- Competitive salary and progression opportunities (dependant on experience)
- Accessible location and flexibility on office/ WFH options
- Team environment with a fun and hardworking company culture
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Finola.Mcloughlin@hays.com.au or call Finola now on 0292492264.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position within the planning space, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2584713