Anglicare have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Indigenous Service Adviser to join our Community Services team located on the South Coast, NSW
- Are you passionate about working in Indigenous communities?
- Our staff are mission-hearted and highly engaged… are you?
- Join an organisation who aims to be known for Community Care, Compassion and Excellence!
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
- Excellent remuneration package and company benefits
- Not-for-profit salary packaging benefits - reducing your taxable income by $15,900 plus an additional $2,650 for salary packaging accommodation, meals and entertainment
- Learning and Development opportunities within the organisation
About the Role:
This position is based in Nowra, with outreach in Ulladulla, Moruya and Bega on the South Coast
You will be connecting with Indigenous families in the local area and assisting families to access the Family Relationship Centre and other relevant services. This is a permanent part-time position, working 4 days per week, with flexible days offered.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Engage in promotional activities, projects, events and networks that involve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. This includes attending community forums and network meetings
- Regular consultation with the community and Anglicare staff on how to effectively promote understanding between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, and Anglicare
- Provide culturally appropriate resources and advice regarding the use of suitable resources
- Build linkages with key community partners, working collaboratively with relevant parties and referring clients to other appropriate services, this may include facilitating access for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to services provided by Anglicare
- If / When applicable, engage in Family Dispute Resolution (if a registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner)
- Previous experience working in Indigenous communities
- Connections with Indigenous people in the local community
- Demonstrated understanding of cross-cultural issues particularly as they affect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Experience promoting and encouraging access to mainstream services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons
- NSW Working with Children’s Check
Working with Anglicare may be the best opportunity for you to make a positive difference in people’s lives!
Anglicare has a Reconciliation Action Plan which is an important way for us to set measurable goals and commit ourselves to achieving important outcomes in working with Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander people.
To find out more about this opportunity, please email the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date 30 Oct 2021, Closing date is subject to change without notice