Explore opportunities across Banking within our Financial Services & Insurance Consulting practice. Banking is more competitive, high-performing and open than ever. Be part of the team enabling banks win in the digital economy and prepare for a sustainable future.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. Across Australia and New Zealand, we work with some of the world’s most advanced and innovative financial services institutions. Accenture’s unique understanding of how technology is reshaping the banking industry gives our consultants a chance to shape the future of our client’s industry.
The breadth and depth our Accenture’s capabilities, the leading clients for which we work and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provide an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture is modernizing core banking operations: turn a mobile banking experience into a social one, or reinvent payment and credit models, our banking consulting services empower clients with data-driven insights and the right tools to adopt a mindset fit for today's—and tomorrow’s—digital landscape.
We help banks, payments providers and other players across the value chain adapt to win. We use new technologies to help banks and payment providers take bold steps to thrive in the future across these capabilities: payments market infrastructure, retail cards & digital payments, retail payments, transaction banking, open banking
At Accenture we look for people with the passion and drive to help companies navigate complexity and create value. Are you eager to use your excellent analytical skills and innovative mind-set to solve the business challenges of leading clients? Can you build and maintain lasting relationships with senior leaders to facilitate the discussions needed to lead companies to high performance? If so, then we would like to talk to you about what a career at Accenture could mean for you.
Your Role: Management Consultant – Payments
There will never be a typical day at Accenture. As a Management Consultant, the opportunities to make a difference for our clients’ most pressing business challenges are limitless in this ever-changing business landscape.
Here are just a few of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Contribute to the end-to-end digitisation of banking services, the deployment at scale of robotics across banking operations, the design of high productivity new business architectures, or the rollout of industry-wide real-time payments
- Apply core consulting skills such as structured problem solving, project management, design thinking and solution delivery lifecycle
- Construct advanced quantitative models, work with poorly defined problems, provide clarity to complex issues or situations and synthesise large amounts of information into salient points
- Collaborate with varied stakeholders, engage with their organisation’s global network, and facilitate workshops
- Involved in developing data-driven insights and cohesive conclusions from detailed analysis as part of high-performing project teams
- Involved in formulating innovative and action-oriented business solutions and strategies for our leading clients
- Understand, build and apply current and emerging trends into client value creation opportunities
- Lead and deliver streams of work to drive intended outcomes
- Coach and mentor analysts and junior consultants on the team with a people-first mindset
Set Yourself Apart: Skills & Experience
- Solutions experience in one or more of the following Payments areas: Corporate and Financial Institution Payment, Business Process – Sale/ Issue / Acquire/ Servicing/ Clearing/ Claiming processes, Payment’s ecosystem, Payments Products, Risk Management, Fraud, End to End Processing, Liquidity Management, Digital Wallets, Cryptocurrencies
- Experience with industry-leading Payments Systems including:
- Australian Payments Systems – Payments Settlement (Fast Settlement Service - FSS), Reserve Bank Information and Transfer System - RITS
- Payments Platforms - New Payments Platform – NPP, Real time payments, Banking Payments Applications
- Domestic Clearing and Settlement Systems
- International Payments, Correspondent Banking and SWIFT
- International Schemes such as VISA, MasterCard, China Union Pay, Alipay, WeChat Pay
- Payment Operations and Risk and Liquidity Management
- Domestic Interbank Electronic Payments/ International & Inter Bank Electronic Payments
- Digital payments, Digital currency, Electronic payment methods (e-wallets)
- Consumer Data Rights (CDP) and its applications regarding payments (open banking.
- Card schemes and switching
- Merchant Acquiring and eCommerce
- Experience with one or more of the following competencies: Business Architecture, Business Process Mapping, Business Requirements Development / Gap Analysis, Business Strategy Development and Execution, Change Management, Program / Project Management (PMO), Quality Assurance, Regulatory Compliance, Risk
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in financial services, 2+ years of experience in payments, and professional services consulting experience including client delivery
- 2+ years of consulting experience is preferred; internal consulting roles are looked upon favourably
- Strong analytical skills, understands complex issues, quickly absorbs information, excels in conceptual and creative problem solving
- Digitally savvy; curious about technology, understands its impact on business and society
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment; easily establishes trust-based relationships, gains valuable insights through collaboration and communication
- Personal and professional attributes required to engage with senior client and internal stakeholders
- Proven presentation and storytelling skills, personal impact and confidence to lead meetings, presentations and workshops
- First class written and verbal communication skills; the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner
- Confidence to constructively challenge team members and leadership to ensure the right client outcomes and value is delivered
- Flexibility to accommodate client travel requirements
Our Commitment to You
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement
- You'll make a difference for some impressive clients. Accenture Strategy serves 72 of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects
- Opportunities to learn through executive training at Accenture's global Strategy College, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company
- Fantastic team with collaborative spirit
- Access to leading-edge technology and global vendor footprint
- Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package that includes a range of market-relevant benefits and programs to help you manage the demands of work and life.
- A diverse and inclusive environment where individual strengths, contributions and unique points of view are recognised and valued
Salary rang for this role: $90,000 to $130,000
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 569,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect infomation that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Learn how Accenture protects your personal data and know your rights in relation to your personal data. Read more about our Privacy Statement.
Beth McKenzie is the Recruiter managing this role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a fair and timely process.