- Specialize in manufacture and maintenance of rollingstock and infrastructure.
- One of the Largest providers of rolling stock and infrastructure solutions
- Dynamic & Supportive Work Environment
2XM Recruit are a leading National Provider of Recruitment & Labour Hire Services with over 10 years’ experience supplying highly qualified Technical Engineering & Blue-Collar personnel to the Mining, Rail, Engineering & Construction industries across Australia
Who would you be working for?
Our client, a Caterpillar company, is one of the largest integrated and diversified suppliers of railroad and transit system products and services worldwide.
As a subsidiary of one of the world’s industry leaders, Caterpillar, with a competitive salary on offer and opportunities for career progression and study assistance support. Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We value and embrace diversity of thought, background and unique experiences and we pride ourselves on an inclusive workforce and culture.
About the role
This position forms a key component of the Service team. You will be primarily responsible for the maintenance, fault find and ongoing technical support of locomotives.
Skills and experience:
- Trade Certificate Diesel Fitter.
- Prior experience working with locomotive with knowledge and understanding of diesel locomotive engines
- Freight maintenance or service activities would be desirable.
- Ability to fault find and utilise trouble-shooting skills.
- Forklift operator, overhead crane driver and/or welder would be advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to work unsupervised and be a hands-on team player.
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise tasks, be flexible and resourceful, proactive, and professional in manner with a high degree of initiative and strong communication skills
- Previous experience within a heavy maintenance environment
Key responsibilities :
- Ability to read, comprehend and apply technical drawings
- High level communications and interpersonal skills
- High level problem solving skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to further their knowledge and skills with additional training
- High level record keeping
- Knowledge and understanding of diesel locomotive engines desirable and its associated equipment
- Troubleshooting and preventative maintenance principals
- Undertake preventative maintenance and/or repairs to all rolling stock, wagons, plant and facilities as required
- Provide recommendations to management on methods and procedures with a view to more efficient operations of the facility and maintainability of rolling stock
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on locomotives and equipment and ensure that all tasks are performed in accordance with relevant maintenance documentation.
- Provide recommendations to management on methods and procedures to improve the service and product we offer our clients
For your best possible chance in securing an interview please apply with your updated resume. For a more direct contact, you can email your updated resume and trade qualification to firstname.lastname@example.org