Your new role
A State Government Organisation is seeking a Media Advisor to assist with multiple communication strategies and tasks. Level 5 role available, 6 month initial assignment. Located in Perth CBD. In undertaking the role of this position, you will be part of high-performance team that gets results for the department. Flexibility in their thinking, strong work ethic and a can-do attitude.
You will be:
- Writing response letters to the DG and Minister
- Responding to media enquiries and ensure they are dealt with appropriately and in a timely matter
- Researching media and public relations issues
- Providing strategic advice and preparing timely responses
- Arranging interviews and organising media events
- Preparing media releases, speeches, and briefing materials for the Minister
- Monitoring media and providing high level advice on media responses
- Coordinating public affairs activities, events, and communication projects
- Planning and implementing communication strategies
- Writing, editing, and proof-reading communications materials including media publications, online and social media
- Ensuring effective communication between the department, news outlets and media advisors
- Establishing and maintaining professional working relationships
- Coordinating the day-to-day media and communications services of the department including media responses, media management, publications, reporting, and provides strategic advice on contentious issues
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrated experience in public relations/ corporate communications/ journalism or other communications field.
- Demonstrated experience in managing proactive and reactive media activity, including experience in managing sensitive or contentious issues.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofing skills, for a range of audiences, media types and publications.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise with, influence and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including media.
- Well-developed conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to develop and implement effective strategic communication and media strategies.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Evie Morgan or call 08 9265 9142 for more information.
LHS 297508 #2570883