Your new company
This organisation has an outstanding record as a commercially successful enterprise and enjoys a highly regarded reputation with its customers, the community and other stakeholders. They are now seeking to recruit permanently into their commercial and contracts branch.
Your new role
- This is a pivotal role partnering with the business to deliver strategic outcomes.
- Responsible for the Procurement lifecycle of the Category under management: planning, research, solicitation (tendering), contract management & completion.
- Manages the full life cycle of contracts under assigned categories as per the contract management guidelines and / or as directed by the Senior Category Manager.
- Performs role of Contract Superintendent as defined by Australian Standard for all contracts under the Category of responsibility.
- Monitors and evaluates vendor performance against contract deliverables and agreed service levels to ensure contract compliance.
- Coordinates and manages vendors performance, initiating reviews and liaising with Branch stakeholders as to the contract’s effectiveness; both cost and performance.
- Ensures purchases under the respective contract reflect agreed contract terms.
- Undertakes or participates in discussions with vendor and internal stakeholders to resolve problems associated with the execution and/or management of contracts. Ensuring corrective actions are defined and executed.
- Evaluates variation proposals and interpretations of contract terms and provides appropriate recommendations to the relevant stakeholders.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrated commercial experience and be recognised as a subject matter expert in Procurement and full lifecycle Category management;
- Highly developed communication skills to influence and drive business outcomes for organisational strategic and operational drivers
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present complex procurement documents;
- Extensive commercial experience in the planning, development, negotiation and management of high risk and complex contracts;
- A tertiary qualification (or be progressing towards) and/or commercial experience in the relevant discipline (e.g. strategic procurement, business, commerce).
What you'll get in return
This role is being offered as a permanent opportunity. A large collaborative team will support you and provide you with a platform to succeed.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2624734