Bomaderry woman fined despite serious charges being dismissed

Charges against a Bomaderry woman accused of allegedly assaulting a man and woman with a hammer have been dismissed.

Trudy Helen Buhlert, 35, of Bomaderry faced seven charges in Nowra Local Court on Wednesday, pleading guilty to resisting police and intimidation but not guilty to two counts of being armed with intent to commit an indictable offence, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, common assault and affray.

The charges stemmed from an alleged incident in Bomaderry on November 20 last year following a car accident.

Police alleged she used a wooden handled claw hammer to assault a man and woman.

Court papers said when police arrived at the accident scene on the Princes Highway at Bomaderry there was “a large group of people, pushing and shoving” on a grassed area between two driveways into a motel.

A woman was seen “lying on the ground” and appeared “unconscious” as other people attended her.

Police said a man was seen running from the area, but officers were “unable to make out what he had in his hand”.

Court papers said Buhlert, who was allegedly abusive towards other people at the scene and refused to stay away despite being asked numerous times by police, was eventually arrested.

Magistrate Daphne Kok dismissed the charges of being armed with intent to commit an indictable offence, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, common assault and affray, saying there was no prima facie case.

However she did fine Buhlert $300 for resisting police and $400 over the intimidation charge.

The story Charges over alleged hammer attack dismissed​ first appeared on South Coast Register.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop