FIVE men and one woman were arrested in the Shoalhaven on Tuesday, as part of a police investigation into a series of break, enter and steal offences on the state's South Coast.
In April, detectives from the State Crime Command’s Property Crime Squad and officers from the Shoalhaven Local Area Command formed Strike Force Lagul to investigate a number of aggravated break, enter and steal offences including:
- The theft of a Toyota Hilux dual cab, a blue trailer and a hydraulic lift from parkland in Booderee around 3am on April 10;
- An aggravated break, enter and steal at a service station on the Princes Hwy in Falls Creek about 4.15am on April 10;
- A ram-raid robbery of an ATM at service station on the Princes Hwy, Wandandian, shortly after 5am on April 14; and,
- An aggravated break, enter and steal at a tobacconist in Vincentia around 3am on June 7.
As part of their inquiries, detectives also re-examined a historical break, enter and steal offence at a bottle shop in Woronora (Sutherland Shire) on December 2, 2002.
Around 6pm Tuesday night, Strike Force Lagul detectives were joined by specialist police in an operation at Bomaderry Railway Station, which resulted in the arrests of four men – a 35-year-old, a 21-year-old, a 48-year-old and a 25-year-old – and one woman, aged 20.
A fifth man, aged 19, was arrested shortly before 7.30pm at a property on Christiansen Avenue, Old Erowal Bay.
Of the four men arrested at Bomaderry Railway Station:
* The 35-year-old was charged with numerous offences including aggravated break, enter and steal, conspiracy to commit armed robbery, deal with proceeds of crime, and resist arrest.
He was also charged in relation to the 2002 aggravated break, enter and steal in Woronora.
Bail refused, he was scheduled to appear in Nowra Local Court on Wednesday.
* The 21-year-old was charged with aggravated break, enter and steal, and dealing with the proceeds of crime. He was also bail refused to appear in Nowra Local Court.
* The 48-year-old was charged with conspiracy to commit armed robbery, before being bail refused to appear in Nowra Local Court.
* The 25-year-old was taken to hospital after complaining of chest pains upon his arrest. He will be spoken to by police at a future date.
The 19-year-old man arrested at Old Erowal Bay was charged with aggravated break, enter and steal and dealing in the proceeds of crime. He too was refused bail to appear in Nowra Local Court on Wednesday.
The 20-year-old woman, arrested at Bomaderry Railway Station, was released pending further inquiries.
The investigation by Strike Force Lagul continues.