TAKE 5 this weekend in the Bega Valley.
1. On the Edge of the Shelf International Woodfire Festival opening at Bega Valley Regional Gallery, Friday 6pm.
A three-week-long festival dedicated to admirers and artisans of wood-fired ceramics.
Based at Mystery Bay, galleries around the district are hosting exhibition tie-ins, including at Spiral Gallery, Narek Galleries and Ivy Hill.
2. X the Floor by Fling Physical Theatre launches this weekend.
Fling’s young energetic dancers incorporate parkour (free-running) into their latest production.
Preview Friday night at 7, then shows Saturday, Sunday and Monday at 7pm. Saturday matinee 1pm.
3. Bega Roosters host the Pambula/Candelo Panthers and Bulldogs at Bega Rec Ground on Saturday.
Cheer on the re-formed Panthers as they get their first official run in Group 16, while supporting the Roosters as they aim to rebuild their burnt-down kiosk.
Under 18s, ladies league-tag and reserve grade matches will be played from 4.30pm.
4. Bend eco-neighbourhood open day, Sunday from 9.30am.
Celebrate International Permaculture Day and Bend’s fifth birthday with tours of Bend’s grounds and gardens.
Sunday tours start at 9.30am, noon and 2.30pm.
5. Spirit of Akasha film screening, The Picture Show Man in Merimbula, Sunday 2.15pm.
Andrew Kidman’s film pays homage to the iconic 1972 surf culture film Morning of the Earth, reimagining the spirit and much-loved soundtrack using modern-day surfing champions and musicians.