THE Bega Valley Shire Council has put its draft bike plan on public exhibition.
In the plan, the BVSC identifies cycling as an increasingly important element in developing healthier, safer and more sustainable communities and endeavours to promote cycling as a legitimate and necessary mode of transport.
The purpose of the bike plan is to demonstrate responsive management and planning of cycling assets and affiliated infrastructure.
The plan will be used to communicate the direction of cycling in the shire and the funding that is required for providing the agreed levels of service now and into the future.
* Have your say by commenting below or emailing email@example.com.
The key goals of the bike plan are to:
• Provide and promote for a safe and enjoyable cycling experience through practical network development and maintenance with improved facilities, connectivity and continuity.
• Raise safety awareness and education among cyclists and road users.
• Support and advocate cycling as an alternate mode of transport and recreation opportunity throughout the shire through increased participation.
• Communicate promote and fund cycling and related infrastructure and facilities to user groups and the community.
• Improve and advocate bicycle tourism and economic opportunities.
* Official submissions can be made in writing to:
The General Manager, Bega Valley Shire Council, PO Box 492, Bega, NSW, 2550. Comments can also be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions close 29 April 2014 at 5pm.
Further inquiries about the Draft Bega Valley Bike Plan can be made by calling 6499 2222.