South East Regional Hospital main tender awarded

 THE main works tender for the new South East Regional Hospital has been awarded, with construction to begin next month.

NSW Health Minister Jillian Skinner and Member for Bega Andrew Constance on Tuesday announced the milestone in the construction of the $171.6million hospital.

Ms Skinner said Brookfield Multiplex, which has undertaken early works and site establishment, had been awarded the main works contract.

 “This milestone demonstrates the construction of the $171.6million South East Regional Hospital on its beautiful greenfield site is well underway,” Ms Skinner said.

 “The development on this hospital will change the way health care is delivered to residents of the Bega Valley and surrounding districts.

 “The NSW Government is committed to ensuring our rural and regional communities have access to modern quality health care closer to home and the South East Regional Hospital is a great example of this commitment.”

Mr Constance said main works construction is set to begin on site next month.

 “The scale of this project cannot be underestimated,” Mr Constance said.

 “Anyone who has seen the work being undertaken on the new hospital’s greenfield site will be left in no doubt about the sheer scale of this development.

 “I look forward to marking more milestones and watching this $171.6 million investment in the health of our community growing from the ground.”

The $171.6million SERH is funded through the Health and Hospitals Fund program – the Federal Government is providing $160.1million and $10million will be provided by the NSW Government along with ongoing staff and operational costs.

An additional $1.474 million has been allocated by the NSW Government for oral health services.

More information on the project is available on the new project website -www.serh.org.au

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop